Monday, January 13, 2014

Easy Holiday Makeup

Belated, yes I know.  But at least it's a post....right?

If you wanna know what's been going on with me lately visit my main blog: www.alibeesbakeshop.com

It's sort of my main hub and this is an offshoot.

Anyway, back to makeup....

I have a ton of new makeup I am dying to try, a rant and recommendation for some new products, some videos, reviews, all coming up.  I',m pretty excited for what I have lined up as we can finally get this thing really rolling.  Don't know if it will ever be a big blog...there's so many of them out there.  But it will be a nice little happy space for me and that's all I need.

I didn't do a tut on this, video or pic.  I do have a new camera on it's way to me that will help get that process rolling and that's exciting too.  So I do have plans to do video reviews and tutorials.

Here's a very quick and easy look I did for a casual Christmas party this last year....still seemed appropriate for January though because it is still festive.  Still makes me happy.  And I'll list the products and a general "what I did" for this too.



It's simple, classy. and if you want to wear that red lipstick....it's a good excuse to give it a go.

For my face I used my regular for the winter season.  This is kind of my standard "kit"  My basic must haves:
Armani Fluid Sheer in No 4 (I'm fair skinned)
Bobby Brown Corrector in Light Peach
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette
Chanel Pressed Powder in Translucent
Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer in Beige
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir
MAC Fluid Line in Black Track


And so here we go with color.....

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Longwear Luminous Eyeshadow in Vision
Nars Cream Blush in Cactus Flower (which I can't seem to find a link to....might be discontinued??)
Beaute Liqui-el Stain in Fevor
YSL Rouge Pur Couture - Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 09 Rouge Laque

And that's it.

To recreate this look use your basics...your favorite foundation, concealer, eyeliner and mascara.  Just add the colors

Start with the eyes.  Put Vision on the lid and into the crease.  Also under the eye just a little creating a sort of gold glitter halo.

I don't put anything under or over this eye shadow because the color is gorgeous and IT STAYS PUT so no need for a base or primer....I actually rarely use primer unless I am using a drug store product.....then it's necessary.  Otherwise...if it's quality makeup your usually ok as long as you don't have oily lids.  I have very normal neutral skin so I don't.  If you do have oily skin.  I recommend using an eye primer just in case your worried it wont last all night without creasing.  Urban Decay is my favorite.

Get your bronzing powder and put it in the crease with a fluffy eye brush.  This will blend out the base color a little and also create warmth and depth.  Using a smaller eye brush also lightly apply the bronzer under the eye just below the lashes....that means don't take it to the inner corner of your eye.....we are just creating depth around the lashes.

Apply eyeliner...I like to wing mine out all retro style.....and mascara.

Clean up under your eyes with your concealer and a buffing brush.  I love Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  Use it every day.

In fact I love all their brushes.

Apply your bronzing powder to your cheek bones

Apply your blush to the apples of your cheeks

Apply he stain.  I LOVE this stain.  It's MOISTURIZING!!  And it lasts too!  It comes with an applicator which is ok...but for more control I apply it with the Real Technique lip brush or detailing brush (that brush comes in their core collection with the buffing brush....just saying....

I didn't use liner for this look.  I just applied the YSL Liqui-gel over the top of my stain and done.

You could carry a gloss or even apply one over for more fun.  I would recommend Beaute Luminous Volume Gloss in Urge for more shine, or if your just nuts for glitter, add some YSL Golden Gloss in Golden Red.  It has little flecks of real gold to create a golden shimmer.


Anyway....I wish I would have made a tutorial for this in video but I didn't.  But hey.....we are just getting our feet wet and getting up and running so.....

Expect more and more.

I have SO much to share!

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment