Friday, December 14, 2012

Makeup Geek Lipsticks: Review and Swatches Pt 1

Ok, so during the Black Friday sales recently, I raked in quite a few new lipsticks from Makeup Geek.

I have been dying to try Marlena's product line for a while now.  And I finally got a few for like $4 each!  It was too good of a deal to pass up.

So I'll let you know what I think of them overall.

First, I really like the packaging.  It doesn't look as cheap as I thought it would.  Especially for $8 lipsticks.  There is a lot cheaper packaging going on from major drugstore brands.  In fact, I really am impressed with it.



First of all, it has this really clever little window.  Now when I stack my lipsticks in the drawer, I can put these right side up and see what shade I'm picking up without having to open it.  Clever clever....


Here's a look inside the cap.  This is foxy...one of the more vibrant shades.  It's really pretty.



Despite the fact that in the tube, they all look like a similar shade of brown....they are all very different colors.

Here's a few.

yes, I'm really that pale.

Overall impression:  I like them.  For the price I think they're exceptional.  Will they beat out my Chanel?  No.  BUT they are hands down, better than any drugstore makeup I've tried.  I would easily compare them to MAC.  The only thing that does bother me is the fragrance.  They don't add any as far as I can tell...but it has a fragrance to it that reminds me of my first lipstick when I was a kid.  It's weird.  Not in a good way either.  They, don't apply cheap, or wear cheap.....but they kinds smell cheap?  

It's not enough to deter me from buying more tho.  When on a budget you can rack up quite a collection. A few of the more vibrant shades stain a little, but no more than a lot of higher end lipsticks.  They aren't drying in any way.  I recommend them.

Grade: A


No comments:

Post a Comment